Traditional Book Publishing,
Built for the 21st century
In with the old,
in with the new
We kept the best parts of traditional publishing–like full bookstore distribution (using Simon & Schuster) and even advances against royalties.
Then we added the best parts of modern publishing, like better royalty splits and modern book launch and marketing teams.
How We’re Different
- Agents not required for submission: We do NOT require an agent to submit a book to us (though of course agented proposals are always most welcome).
- Easy submission process: No confusing guessing as to what we want. We tell you what we’re looking for (books with a high likelihood of sales success) and give you a VERY simple form to submit your book proposal.
- Industry best royalty rate: We give Authors the best royalty rate possible, usually 50% royalty to the Author (industry standard rates range from 7.5% to 25%). We even do deals of up to 75% royalty to established Authors with a track record of sales success.
- We do actual book marketing: Traditional publishing companies don’t do book marketing. They expect their authors to do that. We partner with our Authors, and invest and lead their marketing efforts with outside teams whose only job is to market books.
- Equal investment in the book: Unlike most traditional publishers, we don’t expect you to be the only one investing in the marketing. In fact, we only ask you to invest as much as we do in marketing your book.
- Willing to take risks and do things differently: Do you want to give copies away to promote the book? Maybe add something unusual to the book? We are not only willing to listen, we’re probably going to find a way to do it.